Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Portland Part 1

Drove north from Chico to Portland, OR to spend some time with...

DSCN1299
Brian, one of my best buds since age 12 and...

DSCN1302
Catherine, a good friend from NC who just moved back to Oregon a few weeks ago.

IMG_1572
My first night in town Catherine scored tickets to see the Portland Timbers (Major League Soccer) play. The crowd was crazy and the game was a ton of fun.

IMG_1564
This is the Timbers' first year in the MLS and every game is sold out for the entire season! These people love their soccer.

IMG_1582
Catherine and her friends had all the right gear and our seats were right on the field.

IMG_1571
The Timbers beat the Columbus Crew 1-0.

DSCN1305
The sporty weekend continued when I got to play on Brian's softball team the next day. Brian was beast, hitting a homer and a triple on the way to a 19-12 victory.

DSCN1306
Ate at Cafe Vita. Brian got chiken & gravy while I tried the vegan fish & chips. No veggies allowed!

DSCN1322
The grey and wet weather forced us to climb inside. While taking a break I tried some headstands. This is a big step for me since I feel really uncomfortable being upside down.

DSCN1325
Catherine working on her slack lining skills.

DSCN1320
Day hike along the Columbus River with some views.

DSCN1318
This outcropping is called Angel's Rest.

DSCN1313
The last time I was in Portland I ate at the downtown Voodoo Doughnuts location. Catherine lives 10 blocks away from the east side shop. Here is one of their vehicles used to transport doughnuts all around the city. Yeah, that is a doughnut topped with bacon.

DSCN1308
This day I got a chocolate cake doughnut with Chick-O-Stick topping.

DSCN1309
I also got this guy called the McMinnville, a raised yeast doughnut filled with Bavarian cream and topped with maple frosting. So good! I went every other day to get doughnuts.

Part 2 coming soon.

2 comments:

Carlin Reagan said...

Please explain this: "I feel really uncomfortable being upside down."

KEVIN MARKS said...

i love the chix of stix donut.

i don't think i like your departure from climbing photos if it means more soccer photos.....

heaven help me.....

i just can't win....