Sunday, May 8, 2011

Southern California Pt. 1

After leaving Utah we drove to Las Vegas for 2 nights of climbing at Red Rocks and walking The Strip.....but I didn't take a single picture.

DSCN1009
Rebecca and her aunt attended a water color workshop. Lian, the instructor, also stayed with us and cooked an amazing Chinese meal every night.

DSCN1026

DSCN1034
It has been almost 3 years since the last time I was in southern California and almost 6 years since I lived there. It was nice to check things out that I hadn't seen in ages. On one of our day trips to San Diego we stopped by the Torrey Pines Glider Port.

DSCN1049

DSCN1046
It was a windy Saturday so the place was crowded.

DSCN1054
After walking around Little Italy, we stopped at Pokez for lunch. Tofu, mushroom, potato burritos.

DSCN1059
Before heading back to Oceanside we had a visit with Rebecca's cousin, Sheri.

DSCN1067
The Phillies were in town playing the Padres so I got myself a ticket and watched as Halladay struck out 14 batters.

DSCN1073
I think there were more Phillies fans than Padres fans at the game. The good guys (Phillies) won 3-1.

1 comment:

KEVIN MARKS said...

only 1 photo from POKEZ....? come on!