Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Universal Studios

A big thank you and high five goes to our buddy Chris for making the visit to Universal Studios possible. Also, much love to Brian and Brad for letting us stay at their house and to Andy and Theo for putting up with Pirate.

DSCN0396
Universal Studios!

DSCN0355
As soon as we entered the park we high-tailed it to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! Look! Snow in Florida!

DSCN0357
At platform 9 3/4 waiting for the train to take us to. . .

DSCN0366
Hogwarts!

DSCN0361
Went to Olivander's Wand Shop to pick out my wand and look at owls.

DSCN0371
All the excitement was making me thirsty so we got some Butterbeer.

DSCN0372
Mmmmm, Butterbeer.

DSCN0392
After waiting in line for about 45 minutes we got to go in Hogwarts for a dark roller-coaster-type ride. (Yeah, I'm a dork and I'm ok with it.)

DSCN0379
Next up was Dr. Seuss World.

DSCN0393

DSCN0386
This was probably Rebecca's favorite part of the day, watching artists draw people's caricature. Some of these artists are simply amazing. This couple was giddy with anticipation.

DSCN0401
Did you know that Donkey is Rebecca's long lost sibling. They both loooove to talk. Donkey was really funny today and Rebecca was star-struck.

DSCN0402
Many of you know that I love Great White sharks and the Jaws movies. Here I am stealing a kiss from this beauty. Of course, I prefer my sharks alive but this plastic one will do. I was very disappointed in the Jaws ride at Universal. Not only was it too short, but the shark only came up on my side of the boat once!

We are now in Austin and will stay in Texas for another week or so before making our way to Colorado.

1 comment:

Mariya Chhatriwala said...

your own wand! i'm so jealous :). Looks like you guys are having a fabulous time and I love the posts.
xoxo, mariya