Sunday, March 13, 2011

Back to Bradenton, FL

After our wonderful stay in Tampa, we headed back to Bradenton for another week with Rebecca's dad.

DSCN0317
Rebecca, her dad and myself went to Stickney Point for a trail run and some sightseeing.

DSCN0318

DSCN0310
The bridges and wooden walkways made for an interesting trail run.

DSCN0312
I know it is a common flower but this guy spoke to me.

DSCN0321
The hard, grey seeds in this flower are called nickerbeads. We found a huge bush full of them. It is weird that something so hard grew from a plant.

DSCN0327
Fun root structure on this tree.

DSCN0334
MONSTER!

DSCN0338

DSCN0343
Inspired by Dan Price's "Moonlight Chronicles", Rebecca and I have been keeping art journals on our trip. This is her first attempt using water colors. Pretty darn good.

DSCN0350
This was the view Rebecca had while laying down in her kayak one morning.

DSCN0347
The last time I really drew was back in highschool when I took some art classes. Drawing lines feels extremely foreign to me. I brought a few old pictures on this trip with the hopes that i might be able to draw them. This is a sketch of my grandfather from a picture that was taken in 1991 when I was still rockin' a mullet. Later that year I discovered Nirvana and swapped the mullet for the floppy grunge haircut. Maybe I'll draw me with a mullet next.

DSCN0345
The yummy Taco Bus and a penguin at the zoo.

Next: Universal Studios and our drive to Austin, TX.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Holy cow! I love the art journals; you guys are both very talented. I am also stoked that someone else has read the Moonlight Chronicles, that junk was amazing.

KEVIN MARKS said...

taco bus looks familiar!

Genna Harris said...

You guys are rocking artists. You will cherish that journal for ever and ever...glad to see a new update. Keep having fun. Safe travels!