Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Don't Want To Talk About What Is Back There

There has been a lot going on since my last post over a month ago. Here are some of the highlights:


Group shot from Amity's annual Cabin/Birthday Weekend" in the mountains.


Trivial Pursuit is one of those games that can last forever. My team got stomped.




A group of us went out to Saxapahaw to see another Paperhand Puppet show at their "studio". This one was called "Love and Robots: A Rock Opera in Ones and Zeros." I think this was my favorite puppet show of theirs.




This is Arin's debut on Robot Toast. Look for many more photos of this guy in the future. He is going to be a star.


For months a group of us have been planning a skateboarding trip to the Outer Banks. Some of my friends from southern California flew out for a week. (Left to Right: Kevin, Patty, me, Gabe, and Ji)


Ready to roll.


First stop was the fairly new Durham Skate Park. Gabe with a nice blunt to fakie for a free burrito.


This is about all the shade we could find that day. It was a hot one.


After some grub at Cosmic we walked over to LocoPops for a refreshing treat.




That night our buddy Ben flew in from NYC. Ben used to shred with us when we all lived in San Diego. First time I've seen the dude in 3 years.


After we picked up Ben we stopped at Grey's new place to celebrate my birthday. I had no idea there was going to be a theme...


I'm a hater, I admit it. But i'm trying to be Hate Free in 2010. Hippies, fratsboys, and douchebags, oh my!


I used to hate on girls wearing Ugg boots and shorts but not in 2010.


Dolphin tramp stamps!!!! Lovin' them since 2010.


Jaxon dressed up as Grey. Notice the details: jean shorts, funny hat, sleeveless tee.


You know those white stickers on SUVs and Minivans showing every member of the driver's family. As of January 1, 2010 they are my favorite stickers to see on cars.


Even Arin dressed up for my party.


Sweets! Can't hate on them.

Sadly, I got very sick that night and was unable to make the trip to the Outer Banks. Watch this video Patty made for the highlights.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUeos4OOvGQ


Of course I got better the day the trip ended. Here I am seeing Ben off at the airport after spending only 3 hours with the dude all week. Come back soon buddy.


Rebecca introduced the SoCal kids to Cheerwine. They tracked down some OG glass bottles that contain cane sugar rather than high fructose corn syrup.


We had a taste test to see if we could tell the difference.


All the boys got it right but Ji failed the test.


Thanks to all for coming out!

No comments: